The Aintree Grand National meeting is always an event that gets the public interest. It has a special place in my heart as it's where Barry and I first set eyes on each other all those years ago!
Whether it be the horses running the races, or the top fashion worn by the glamorous women in attendance, the event is one everyone looks forward to.
Traditionally a smattering of stars can be seen attending the much-watched event, and Colleen Rooney is one such celebrity who always causes a stir when she arrives looking glam.
Ladies Day is always held on the Friday before the Grand National and throughout the years it has caused headlines around the world for some of the fashion women have worn and I'm sure this year will be no different.
If your lucky enough to be going this year follow some of my simple tips!
1. MY TOP TIP! There is nothing worse than waiting for the train queues to go down or walking miles in your new heels for a taxi so book a table in a local restaurant - Prego, Nando's, Pizza Hut and Frankie & Benny's are all on Ormskirk Road between 100-400 meters from the aintree gates. After a nice meal and a glass of wine you will be able to get into the city centre with no problem at all.
2. Don't drink to much, have a water every other round and don't be the drunken mess that seems to always grab the headlines! This is hard to keep to but when you look back you will be so pleased you did.
3. Have a cheep pair of flip flops in your bag just incase you get new shoe syndrome, you know what I mean(ouch)!
4. Carry some spare toilet paper in your bag, there will be around 100,000 people using the facilities several times throughout the day, it's going to hard for the staff to keep the lav stocked up!
5. Mints, umbrella, brush, clips, bobbles and make up should all be essential kit in your bag!
6. Savour the atmosphere, have a little walk around and see what's going on around you as the race course put on loads of entertainment, you will be surprised!
7. Go the parade ring and see the horses in all their glory. The parade ring is open to everyone at the course not just for those with the expensive tickets!
8. Pick a winner, this always helps the day go better!!
Have a lovely time, good luck and you never know you might end up meeting the love of your life!